About me – Mark Eyre
“The meetings I have had have been extremely positive and productive as well as appropriately challenging. Working with Mark really helped me to take stock of the skills and experience which I have gained over the years; to clarify my thoughts and personal objectives; and to be able to talk about these with confidence" - Education professional
“Mark, just finished your book and thought it was BRILLIANT!. Laugh out loud funny in bits and made a lot of sense. Perfect for anyone who's ever worked in financial services. Looking forward to the next one.” - Alison Outred, life coach, Bright Thinking
I am a coach, consultant and writer, and owner of Brilliant Futures. I am also author of 'Stand up and live', which highlights the importance of using our own power more effectively to achieve our goals in work and life. Based in central Scotland, I work with clients face to face, and over distance. I passionately believe that we are all unique, and have the potential to be brilliant at what we do.
Before setting up Brilliant Futures, I worked for 25 years in a variety of businesses, including manufacturing and financial services. My employers have included the Royal Mail, Boots, United Biscuits and AEGON. Most of my working life has been in HR, and particularly in management development and organisation development. I did also have a spell as an organisation change consultant with Sheppard Moscow, before setting up my own business. I have worked abroad as well as in the UK.
My work activities have included the following:
- Facilitating many group and team development events, including consulting and partnering, strategic influence and management / leadership development programmes.
- Project managing significant HR change projects that improved business performance.
- Helping people to manage change, on cultural, structural and personal levels.
- In 2011, coached 70 managers and executives through career change, for a large career transition client. Enabled 61 to achieve their career objective, a success rate of 87%.
- Coaching middle and senior managers through a financial services management development programme, run through Henley Business School.
- Key consulting, coaching and training role in a manufacturing plant multi-skilled team working initiative, allied with behavioural change work at senior levels in the business.
- HR qualified – a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (FCIPD)
- Qualified coach - holding a Diploma in coaching, with the Coaching Academy.
- Level B personality test qualified - able to administer, interpret and give feedback on the Saville & Holdsworth OPQ and MQ instruments, as well as Insights.
My approach & values
- I work collaboratively – agreeing our approach and what needs to be done, working together, and reviewing results.
- I work to help in practical ways, rather than relying on a textbook.
- I place great emphasis on working with integrity and being authentic.
- I practice what I preach, and I try not to preach!
- I believe that work, and life, should be fun, and that people are at their most productive and creative when this is the case.
- I am honest and empathetic in my dealings.
I work collaboratively with a number of associates on larger projects. For more details on my associates, please click the link here.
Click for details of my Certificate of Insurance